International waste management congress “WasteTech2001” has considered the next technologies: burning (incineration), autoclaving (moist heat sterilization), chemical disinfection, pyrolysis, laser processing, microwave disinfection, plasma technology etc.
Each of the listed methods has its disadvantages. Thus chemical disinfection leads to formation of chlorine-containing wastes, pyrolysis and plasma technologies are energy consuming and dangerous in operation, and sterilizing units have little effect. Incinerators (installations for burning) under 100% warranty of environmentally safe waste destruction are rather expensive because of complicated gas cleaning systems.
GreenPower Company specializes in development and production of complexes for neutralization of medical, quarantine and other hazardous waste at the places of their formation, thereby there is no need to take it every day out to the places of utilization.
Besides, there is no need to apply special vehicles to transport the waste from the territory of in-patient facility to the place of destruction (disposal, burning).
The applied key method is THERMOCATALYTIC WASTE NEUTRALIZATION. This development contains two principal technologies which are recognized by the world environmental association and such project as “Europe, free from toxicants-2” as challenging and close to industrial application.
It is oxidation in the molten salts and catalyzed oxidation.
The installations provide complete and absolutely safe processing of medical waste of A, B, C and D (partially) classes
The complex consists of two main units:
- Thermocatalytic neutralization unit;
- Gas purification unit
Thermocatalytic neutralization unit includes:
- charging machine;
- waste burning furnace equipped with fire grate, agitator and ejection sprayer;
- afterburning chamber;
- catalytic instrument;
- economizer or fume-cooler
Gas purification unit includes:
- bag filter;
- carbon fiber adsorption filter;
Systems providing operability of the complex:
- compressed air supply system (compressor unit providing charging pneumatic actuator, agitator, bag filter regeneration system, fuel feeding system and alkali solution injection system with compressed air)
- fuel feeding system (liquid fuel tank, pipeline with fittings, ejection sprayer);
- soda solution supply system (soda solution tank, pipeline with fittings, ejection sprayer)
- System of instrumentation and controls
Auxiliary equipment of the complex includes:
- blower fan supplying kiln with combustion air
- smoke exhauster with frequency inverter
Summary table of operating results
|Complex productive capacity, kg/hour||100|
|Ash residue quantity, %||5-10|
|Number of stages of flue gases purifications||6|
|Total capacity of electric drives, kW||25|
|Total power consumption, kW||max 20|
|Specific average-weighted fuel consumption for wastes burning, kg/kg||max 0,02|
|Specific energy consumption for processing, kW*hour /kg||max 0,2|
|Volume of flue gases emitted into the atmosphere, m3/hour||max 3000|
|Concentration of dust in flue gases after purification , mg/nm3||max 10|
|Concentration of toxic substances in the surface layer at any point of the complex operating area, MPC percent||max 0,1|
|Maintenance staff, person/shift||1|
|Amount of the generated heat, kW (Gcal/hour)||250 (0,29)|
|Weight of the processing complex TKPO-100, t.||13|
Why do customers choose us?
- No emissions during operation
- Compactness and mobility of equipment
- High performance (up to 60 tons of charcoal per month)
- Full mechanization and automation of the operational process
- The use of modern materials - reliable design
- The number of screenings does not exceed 1%
- Quality and guarantees - confirmed by
18 years of experience on the market
- Mobile equipment