Continuous charcoal kiln BIO-KILN
The BIO-KILN carbonization furnace is a patented, environmentally friendly, continuous installation for the thermal processing of plant materials. It is designed specifically for the production of high-quality charcoal as a raw material for the production of hookah charcoal, charcoal briquettes, activated carbon or bio-char.
Raw materials: shells and pits of nuts and fruits, wood chips, wastes of woody shrubs, seeds, bamboo and other raw materials of plant origin. The fraction should be between 5 and 40 mm in size and contain moisture not more than 20% by weight.
Products: charcoal obtained from fruit pits and nutshells is used to produce activated carbon, briquetted forms for BBQ or for hookahs. BIO-Char, intended as a soil enhancer or hydroponic growth enhancer for the agricultural industry, is made from plant materials and contains no harmful substances.
The main advantage of BIO-KILN: constant quality parameters and output volumes of the product are readily achieved, since charcoal production occurs without human intervention in the technical process.
The benefits of this charcoal production plant include:
- Reliability of the kiln. The carbonization device is made 100% from refractory materials.
- Environmental Safety
- High efficiency from a compact device
- High productivity: 30-120 t / month, depending on the raw materials and the kiln model (Bio-Kiln 1, 2 or 3)
- Continuous production process
- Minimal staff intervention in the production process
- Production of thermal energy, which can be used for drying of raw materials, drying of charcoal briquettes, or other heating purposes
- Low power consumption (0.01kW) provides kiln autonomy
- Remote Control Capability
- Full process automation
- Non-volatile carbon content in charcoal from 75% to 95%
- shells and pits of tree-fruits;
- wood chips;
- shrubby and other plant materials, the fraction of which is from 5 to 40 mm with a moisture content of not more than 20%.
Main elements of the continuous charcoal kiln BIO-KILN
1. The kiln feed-hopper
Loading of raw materials for the pyrolysis process.
2. Charcoal Oven
Raw materials descend through channels where charcoal is formed in three stages: drying, pyrolysis and calcination.
3. Flaps for unloading coal
These separate the carbonization channels from the stabilization hopper. They permit unloading of the finished charcoal
4. Stabilization hopper
Compartment for stabilization of the charcoal before discharge.
Transfers unloaded product coming from the furnace for degassing and cooling.
Completely combusts pyrolysis products, ensuring no emissions of noxious substances.
7. Chimney, 8 rm
Installed on the afterburner, this replaces additional ventilation systems and smoke exhausters.
8. Work platform
Permits servicing and working on the kiln.
The kiln is equipped with thermocouples to provide 100% process control, and management of the percentage of non-volatile carbon in the charcoal.
9. Ancillary equipment. The kiln can also be equipped with:
- Storage bin for raw materials;
- Conveyor or noriya – special mechanisms for the automated supply of materials to the kiln hopper;
- Augers for cooling and stabilization of the resulting product at the outlet; can be open or closed;
- A measuring device (sensor) to determine the upper level of the raw materials loaded into the hopper;
- Automated movable mechanisms for opening dampers for unloading the finished product;
- An automated control system for an autonomous charcoal manufacturing process;
- Heat exchanger: equipped with gas and water equipment for heating water or other process fluid; gas-to-air installation – for supplying air at high temperature.
- Pre-drying of raw materials: chamber, tunnel or drum type. To ensure the preparation of raw materials – moisture removal, prior to the carbonation process.
Operating the Bio-Kiln
Shredded biomass (5-40 mm fraction, moisture content < 20%) is loaded into the feed bin of the vertical oven using a vibratory conveyor.
After the initial processing stage, the dry matter enters the feed hopper of the kiln by elevator controlled by signal from the sensor, under information about the unloading of finished product into the stabilization bunker.
Then, raw material enters the carbonization zone of the shaft furnace. This contains channels through which the loaded raw material descends, and the heat-medium travels in the opposite direction.
The channels end with flaps through which the finished charcoal enters the stabilization hopper.
As the finished charcoal is unloaded, the feedstock moves down the channels, while processes occur in the carbonization device: preheating, pyrolysis and calcining of the charcoal.
Further processes, stabilization and cooling of charcoal, occur in the stabilization bunker of the kiln. From here, finished charcoal is unloaded by auger into the storage bunker where it undergoes air stabilization. After this the coal is ready for further use.
The exhaust flue gases from the carbonization device enter the afterburner, where they are completely burned — total decomposition, which ensures 100% environmental friendliness of the furnace. There are no harmful emissions into the atmosphere.
The temperature of the exhaust flue gases above the afterburner of the furnace is more than 1000 ° C, which makes it possible to use them for various thermal processes: preliminary drying of raw materials, space heating, briquette drying, steam superheating for activation, etc.
After going through all stages of processing, the finished coal is unloaded into the trolley, which, as it is filled, is replaced by an empty trolley.
The unloaded product is then sent for packaging.
On a briquetting line, you can densify the product into briquettes or small pressed cubes for hookahs. A visualization of the benefits of hookah coal obtained in the BIO-Oven, and the briquetting process, is presented below. Technical specifications of the equipment can be found on this link.
Parameters of the kiln
|1||Productivity of charcoal, tons per month||30-40||50-60||80-100|
|2||Productivity of heat energy, kW per hour||300||450||600|
|3||Dimensions: length х width х height, m||1,9 х 1,8 х 5,1||1,9 х 1,8 х 5,1||3,8 x 3,6 x 7,3|
|4||Power consumption, no more than, kW per hour||1|
|5||Non-volatile carbon content in the charcoal, %||70-95|
Certificate of Quality for the charcoal
Utility Model Patent
Why do customers choose us?
- No emissions during operation
- Compactness and mobility of equipment
- High performance (up to 60 tons of charcoal per month)
- Full mechanization and automation of the operational process
- The use of modern materials - reliable design
- The number of screenings does not exceed 1%
Quality and guarantees - confirmed by
18 years of experience on the market
- Mobile equipment