Carbonization furnace EKKO
For environmentally friendly carbonization of carbonaceous raw materials, including firewood, energy wood, wood waste, shells of various nuts (coconut, hazelnuts, walnuts, etc.) in order to obtain charcoal. The main process used in the furnace is low-temperature pyrolysis of plant materials containing carbon. In addition to the production of charcoal, is generated heat energy in the process, which used for preliminary drying of the raw material or for other purposes. If necessary, it is possible to obtain liquid pyrolysis products
Charcoal is widely used in almost all spheres of the national economy (see more details on the use of Charcoal). Production of environmentally friendly high quality charcoal is an urgent problem of the world economy.
Thanks to the introduction of the latest technologies, a wide range of raw materials can be subjected to environmentally friendly pyrolysis (more about the "pyrolysis" process):
Thanks to the introduction of the latest technologies, a wide range of materials can be carbonized:
- firewood, lump wood materials, logging waste;
- various fuel briquettes (Pini-Kay, Ruff, Nestro, Nielsen);
- solid inedible fruit waste - the pits of fruit trees, grapes, olive, etc .;
- waste agricultural production residues - grain husk, corn stover, straw, etc.
- various nutshells (coconut, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, cones, etc.)
Based on 20 years of experience (since 2001, see the history of GreenPower), a unique safe pyrolysis unit has been created, taking into account the basic requirements of modern consumers:
- The chamber carbonization furnace is manufactured using modern insulating materials that can withstand ultra-high temperatures (up to 1300 ° C), which eliminates the need for "ballast" refractory bricks, concrete and sheet metal. This solution shortens the technological process and reduces the efficiency of the installation.
- The automated control system developed by us allows automating the technological process and minimizing the influence of the human factor on the productivity of the charcoal kiln and the quality of the finished coal. The introduction of the ability to save all datas about production parameters at all stages of charcoal production in the Cloud storage via the Internet allows you to provide remote ONLINE control of the work of maintenance personnel and the entire technological process as a whole.
- The unique design, produced with experience out over 20 years, guarantees the reliability and maintainability of the charcoal furnace and its elements. The charcoal kiln will reliably serve for more than 5 years, if necessary, any part and element can be easily and quickly repaired or replaced.
- Logistics and mechanization. Competent and well-thought-out logistics of the charcoal production complex makes it possible to eliminate costs that may exceed the cost of the equipment itself: the purchase of expensive forklifts and the installation of hoists, crane beams, building of hard surfaces for production, which is necessary when using forklift. This compares favorably with most manufacturers, who usually do not indicate these costs, at the stage of purchasing charcoal kilns.
Other advantages of the EKKO furnace:
- High quality at an adequate price
- Compactness and low weight (savings on delivery);
- Economical, no additional fuel is required, only to start the furnace;
- Low consumption of electrical energy <0.1 kW;
- Environmental safety - no harmful emissions during the operation of the furnace;
- Quick start of the furnace to the operating mode <60 minutes;
- Resistance of the combustion device to thermal shock;
- Quick start of the new furnace, preparation <8 hours;
- Possibility of transporting two to three ovens in a container / truck
- Charcoal retains the shape of the raw material, a fine fraction of charcoal does not exceed 1%
- High performance of the furnace, with relatively small dimensions
The technology allows to use various raw materials for pyrolysis:
- Wood (firewood, lump wood waste of logging and woodworking industries)
- Fuel briquettes (Pini-Kay, ruff, nestro, Nielsen)
- Fruit pips (olive pits, grape seeds, etc.)
- Agricultural waste (straw, reed, etc.)
- Various nutshells (coconut, hazelnut, walnut, cashew, etc.)
The EKKO charcoal kiln is created in three modifications: EKKO-1, EKKO-2 and EKKO-4. The main differences are: productivity, overall dimensions of the furnace and the number of chambers for the carbonization process (2 or 4).
Dimensions of the kiln ЕККО-1/EKKO-2 / EKKO-4
The construction of the charcoal kiln consists of two or four process chambers, which are connected to the another elements of furnace:
- operating chamber;
The logistics elements of production area are also provided, which include:
- trolleys for raw materials / charcoal;
- mobile platforms for moving of trolleys around the charcoal production complex;
- stationary platforms, is used for charcoal cooling and loading of raw materials;
- tipper of trolleys for unloading charcoal from trolleys;
For raw materials and finished charcoal, trolleys are provided, their number depends on the model, furnace configuration and operating conditions, namely the climatic conditions of the region, the size and humidity of the raw materials. All actions to move the trolleys are performed using an electric winch. Processes cameras operate in the “DRYING” or “PYROLYSIS” modes, the “RELOADING” mode is also provided. The automatic control system (ACS) determines the mode in the chamber “DRYING” / “PYROLYSIS” / “PYROLYSIS END” / “READY OF CHARCOAL”. In addition, the ACS distributes the heat formed as a result of the combustion of pyrolysis gas released during the active phase of the PYROLYSIS process into other chambers that are in the passive phase of the process (DRYING or calcining of coal), this provides safety at all stages of the process. The automatic control system manages and monitors all the actions of the furnace, it also fixes all parameters, keeps logs of “temperatures and events”, personnel actions, etc. This makes it possible to comprehensively analyze and control equipment operation.
CONTROL PANEL with “Touchscreen”
The main elements of the kiln:
- Сombustion chamber
- Connecting flue with gate (сombustion chamber – afterburner)
- Drying / pyrolysis chambers A & B
- Operating chamber
- Dampers of chambers A and B
- Gas collectors of chambers A / B
- Gates valves of pyrolysis gas for chambers A / B (butterfly valves)
- Gates valves of steam for chambers A / B.
- The heat channels for chamber A / B
- Trolley rails
- Trolley in chamber
- Steam pipes of chamber A / B.
16. Mobile platform
17. Stationary overpass.
18. The cross over platform
19. Rails for the mobile platform
21. Trolley tipper.
There are two types of trolleys for mechanizing the processes of loading / unloading raw materials/charcoal – with end or top loading /unloading of raw materials/charcoal. For the convenience of loading raw materials, and for cooling and stabilizing charcoal in a trolley stationary platforms are used. It is also possible to use a conveyor for loading raw materials into trolleys and a tipper for unloading charcoal from them. In this case, the trolley with top loading of raw materials will be the most suitable option.
The main factor affecting the productivity of the kiln is the moisture content and size of the raw material. To optimally prepare the raw material and achieve maximum efficiency, it is desirable to equip the kiln with additional equipment for preliminary drying. It can be the following units:
Chamber drying is more efficient than the device for preliminary drying of raw materials in a trolley, although the latter is much more convenient in operation.
The recommended degree of drying is less than 20% humidity. A more efficient drying process brings double benefits:
- economic – significantly reducing the duration of pyrolysis;
- consumer and commercial – increasing the quality and yield of the final product.
Preliminary drying system for EKKO carbonization furnace is used to “quickly and efficiently” remove moisture from wood to obtain dry raw materials for pyrolysis. Preliminary drying takes place outside of the drying/pyrolysis chamber, which can significantly shorten the cycle time and increase the productivity of the kiln from 50 to 100% when using “fresh” wood. Read more about dryers manufactured by GreenPower.
The productivity of the EKKO-2 and EKKO-4 furnaces, depending on the parameters of the raw material, tons / month of charcoal:
|Name and indicators of raw materials||ЕККО-1, t/month||EKKO-2, t / month||EKKO-4, t / month|
|Freshly sawn wood, abs. humidity 55%||13-18*||15-20*||30-40*|
|Pre-dried wood, humidity up to 25%||20-30*||25-35*||50-70*|
|Pre-dried wood, humidity up to 15%||25-35*||30-45*||60-90*|
|Fuel briquettes, humidity 10%||30-40*||40-50*||80-100*|
The highest efficiency of biomass preparation for carbonization is possible only in special equipment using thermal energy obtained during pyrolysis.*Productivity depends on the density and size of the feedstock.
Main parameters of furnaces
Name of indicator
Maintenance staff for 1-3 ovens
Electricity consumption, no more
Consumption of firewood for the furnace, after exiting “to mode”, no more*
m3 / 24h
* The value of the parameters depends on factors influencing performance
The following indicators affect the efficiency of a charcoal annealing furnace:
- Humidity of raw materials. Increased humidity significantly reduces efficiency and increases the volume of firewood or other fuel for the firebox. So, when using hardwood just harvested during the movement of sap, the productivity can be reduced by up to 50%.
- The density of the material. For example, poplar having a minimum density requires less energy than a hornbeam or iron tree with a maximum density.
- Sizes of pieces of wood or other raw materials.
- The quality of laying raw materials in the trolley, for example, it is recommended to stack large wood at the top, and small wood at the bottom of the trolley.
The transportation of a standard set of EKKO-2 charcoal kiln is carried out in trucks (truck, TIR) with 40′ tilt trailers. The volume of the trailer must be not less than 86 cubic meters. It is also possible to transport two sets in such a vehicle, but only if the trolleys and other accessories are disassembled. . Equipment can be loaded into shipping containers (V 20 feet – 1 set, 40 feet – 2).
Why do customers choose us?
- No emissions during operation
- Compactness and mobility of equipment
- High performance (up to 60 tons of charcoal per month)
- Full mechanization and automation of the operational process
- The use of modern materials - reliable design
- The number of screenings does not exceed 1%
- Quality and guarantees - confirmed by
19 years of experience on the market
- Mobile equipment