EKKO-2 carbonization furnace is designed for low-temperature pyrolysis of carbon-containing materials of plant origin, in order to obtain premium quality charcoal and additional thermal energy. This heat can be used for preliminary dryer system of raw materials, ensuring stable productivity of the kiln and product quality. If the raw materials are already at uniform low moisture content, the heat can be used for domestic needs.
The high level of efficiency of CK EKKO-2 is achieved by using modern heat-resistant insulating materials for the walls of the drying/pyrolysis chambers and the furnace, which gives the opportunity to quickly start the operating mode and significantly reduce the production cycle. The kiln is unique due to the absence of “thermal ballast” materials, such as sheet metal and refractory bricks, which are the basis of almost all charcoal kilns.
Reliability and maintainability of CK EKKO-2 is determined by the 15-year experience in manufacturing charcoal kilns, which helped to develop a reliable construction with a minimum service life of 10 years. During the development process, the possibility of quick and easy repair of all the kiln units was ensured.
Automation of CK EKKO-2 is achieved due to the fact that the kiln is equipped with a reliable time-tested system of control and measuring devices; automation of the operation process is also provided, as well as emergency modes in case of non-compliance with operating regulations.
Logistics and mechanization, the logistics system of the charcoal area should include the following processes: raw material procurement, loading of raw materials into the kiln, cooling and unloading of coal, as well as packing and storing coal. Competent logistics is already 50% of success, a detailed description of the elements of logistics for CK EKKO-2.
The following advantages of the kiln should be mentioned:
- Low price – high quality!
- Possibility to transport two kilns in one vehicle
- High productivity and COMPACT SIZE
- Low weight approximately 5 tons
- No additional fuel required for the process, only for initial launch
- No emissions into atmoshpere during operation
- Reliable, maintainable and safe construction of the kiln
- Full mechanization and automation of the operation process
- ONLINE control of the process
- Low power consumption
- Charcoal holds the shape of the raw material
- Possibility to obtain thermal energy
- Possibility to arrange central control of the kiln complex
- Less than 1% of dust and fines
- The kiln is delivered practically fully assembled
- Fast achievement of kiln operating mode (40 minutes)
- The material of the furnace is resistant to thermal shock
The technology allows to use various raw materials for pyrolysis:
- Wood (firewood, lump wood waste of logging and woodworking industries)
- Fuel briquettes (Pini-Kay, ruff, nestro, Nielsen)
- Fruit pips (olive pits, grape seeds, etc.)
- Agricultural waste (straw, reed, etc.)
- Various nutshells (coconut, hazelnut, walnut, cashew, etc.)
Dimensions of the kiln
Description of the kiln
The kiln consists of 2 chambers connected with the furnace, afterburner and chimney. Each chamber has a loading hatch for loading/unloading of trolleys and contains 1 trolley. The chambers are equipped with gas-release channels that are used to release the gas, emitted in the process of pyrolysis, to the furnace and to the drying products into the atmosphere. The design of the kiln provides the modes of drying and pyrolysis. The standard delivery set of the kiln includes 4 trolleys, platforms for moving the trolleys, trestles for loading raw material and unloading charcoal, and an electric winch.
Complete combustion of the pyrolysis gas ensures environmental safety of the process. All control elements are mechanized. A permanent record of the main operating parameters is held, which allows to conduct analysis of the kiln operation.
CONTROL PANEL with touchscreen
Main elements of the kiln
3. Furnace-afterburner connection with damper.
5. Drying/pyrolysis chambers A/B.
6. Control chamber.
7. Valves of the chambers A/B.
8. Gas collector of the chamber A/B.
9. Gas butterfly valves of the chamber A/B.
10. Steam valves of the chambers A/B.
11. Heat carrier channel of the chamber A/B.
12. Chamber rails with under-rail beams.
13. Control panel and control and measuring devices.
14. Steam pipes of the chambers A/B.
Logistics elements of the working site
16. Mobile platform for trolleys.
17. Stationary trestle for trolleys.
18. Portable trestle.
19. Rails for the mobile platform.
20. Electric winch.
21. Trolley tipper.
There are 3 types of the trolleys for mechanization of processes of loading/unloading of raw materials/charcoal – with front, side and top loading/unloading. For the convenience of the raw materials loading, as well as for cooling and stabilization of the charcoal inside the trolley and its subsequent unloading, stationary trestles are used. Furthermore, it is possible to use a conveyor for raw materials loading into the trolleys and a dumping device for the charcoal unloading from the trolleys. In this case, the most suitable option will be the trolley with the top loading of raw materials.
|Raw material||Charcoal, tons per month|
|Fuel briquettes (Pini-kay)||45-50*|
* Productivity depends on the density and size of the feedstock
The standard delivery set of the charcoal kiln EKKO-2 can be loaded into a truck with the trailer volume of not less than 86 m3. Two kilns can be loaded into one truck provided the trolleys are transported unassembled. It is possible to ship two sets of the EKKO-2 installation into a 40ft container.
Operating parameters of the kiln
|Parameter name||Unit of measure||Value|
|Maintenance staff for 1-3 kilns||ppl.||1-3|
|Power consumption, no more than||kW per hour||1|
|Firewood consumption of the furnace, no more than*||m3 per 24 hours||0,3|
|Dimensions: length, width, height (with afterburner)||m||2,3 х 2,3 х 5,8
(2,3 х 2,3 х 7,0)
|Duration of the complete cycle||h||6-20|
* The parameter values depend on the following factors: wood moisture content, wood species (minimum moisture content – poplar, maximum moisture content – hornbeam, Crimean oak) and size of the piece. Increased humidity (in comparison with the nominal level of 55%) significantly reduces the output and increases the firewood consumption of the furnace. At a relative humidity of 75% (freshly cut hardwood during the sap flow period) the productivity decreases by 15-20%. It is possible to increase the productivity of the kiln using Contact drying – a device for preliminary drying of raw materials.
Why do customers choose us?
- No emissions during operation
- Compactness and mobility of equipment
- High performance (up to 60 tons of charcoal per month)
- Full mechanization and automation of the operational process
- The use of modern materials - reliable design
- The number of screenings does not exceed 1%
Quality and guarantees - confirmed by
18 years of experience on the market
- Mobile equipment